Suitable for liquids, gas and steam measurement and generating low pressure loss
Robust construction, long service life, easy and economical set up
Flow measurement is based on a measuring method by exploration of the velocity field ( "velocity measurement of key points of the output pipe to calculate average velocity considering area of each measurement point" - AFNOR X10:112 norm).
Fuji Electric offers two models of Pitot tubes
- Single point Pitot tube 5RB series (pipes Ø50 to 1600 mm)
- Averaging Pitot tube 5RD series (pipes Ø50 to 1500 mm)
Flow measurement is calculated via the maximum velocity measurement. Pitot tube is placed at the centre of the pipe.
The shape speed depends of the number of the Raynolds. Velocity is equal to ± 2% and to maximum velocity x0,84 (this coefficient can be calculated with Vennard and Blasius’s formula) if the flow is turbulent. Pitot tube enables the measurement of this flowrate by generating a differential pressure proportional to the dynamic pressure of the fluid, when the pitot tube is placed in the flowing fluid.
The differential pressure generated is function of the axial velocity, fluid density and the characteristics of the probe (K0 factor of the probe).
This differential pressure is measured with FCX series pressure transmitter connected the HP and LP side.
- Easy-to-use and low pressure loss
- Low price for large pipe diameter
- Process connections :
- 1/2’’ NPT or 1/4’’NPT screw connection
- 3 valves manifold integrated to the pitot tube’s head
- For clean fluids
- Pipe diameter from 100 to 1500 mm
- Already set up on key projet around the world
- Accuracy : ± 1% of real flow (tested by independent laboratories)
- Repeatability : ± 0.1%
- Drift : zero drift for better long-term stability
- Raynolds number : Re mini : 1.2 x 10.4
- Rangeability : 10:1 (100:1 de DP)
- Fluid type : liquid, gas or steam
- Pipe : circular pipe Ø50 to Ø3000 mm (SRB) and Ø1500 (SRD) or rectangular duct
- Process pressure : up to 50 bar max
- Process temperature : up to 500°C max
- Viscosity : 500 centipoises max
- Material : 316L stainless steel
- Fixation : gland or flange
- Flow gas or atmospheric emission flue gas measurement
- Can be installed on all kind of chimney (cement, sturdy brick, made of iron sheeting …) until DN 1600mm
- Biogas flow measurement
- Measurement of oxygenation of water treatment plant’s aerations tanks
- Air and gas measurement on combustion burner
- Air Flow measurement of High-temperature combustion boiler
- Air flow measurement on compressor and HVAC